Tuesday 2 August 2016

Off we go!

It's been a while since I've travelled, and a long while since I posted anything worthwhile here, but I'm going to try to make up for the lack of posts very soon now, as I have some holiday coming up, and I've also just booked a couple more trip in addition to the forthcoming holidays to the south of England and the south of France mentioned a few months ago.

One of the newly booked trips is just to London to see two different friends for different reasons which just happen to coincide, and I've managed to get a room at the newly refurbished Brook Green Hotel where we've stayed before but which has been closed for the work to be done: can't wait to try it again now!

SouthEastern HighSpeed Javelin train,St Pancras International;
Eurostar train visible in adjacent platform.
Before then, though, is a short break in Canterbury, where we've been before but not by train, with a trip out to Margate to visit Dreamland which I loved as a child (my grandparents lived in Margate so we went every summer for a combined holiday and family gathering - and for me Dreamland was the highlight). It will also be the first time I've been farther than Stratford on a domestic train on High Speed 1.

Always good to get the hotels and train tickets booked, and now I have a drawer-full of tickets again I'm beginning to feel more normal! Will be completely normal when I receive the tickets for the France trip from Great Rail Journeys Independent who have made the bookings for me: they should arrive a couple of weeks before the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment