Thursday 24 April 2014

Making the most of a disappointment

Well, I advertised the parish trip to Canterbury for 31st May with a carefully planned itinerary and had a reasonable number signed up, but when I went to book the advance tickets the trains I wanted were not there. Weekend engineering work on the line between Peterborough and London had stymied us: simply not enough time to fit in a worthwhile trip. I asked around what people wanted to do instead and the answer was York, a much shorter and simpler ride but just as good a destination. So York it will be, and Canterbury will have to wait for another time, and I am determined there will be another time.

Meanwhile I shall shortly post the third and last chapter of the Swiss Alps trip, and we have also recently returned from a fantastic short break in Yorkshire which will be reported soon after that. Photos already at http://www.flickr.com/photos/frmark

No comments:

Post a Comment